Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Ever-changing Business of...uh, well, Business!!!

It always amazes me how the hills of valleys of business are so much like the hills and valleys of life!  Not trying to get all philosophical or nothing, but there are so many similarities.

You ever noticed how life seems to run in cycles?  Things are going well, flowing nicely from day to day and then, BAMMMM, it hits!!!   Both tires on the back of your car go flat and make you late for an important meeting---the vending machine at work eats not one, but two of your dollars and seems to almost dare you to try again!!  Your hair starts falling out for some unknown reason, your dog poops in your most expensive pair of shoes and you discovery the strange smell in your refrigerator is coming from the tomato that fell behind the vegetable drawer and now looks like a science project!!  No, none of these things happened to me...well, maybe the tomato thing, but that's all.

Our good times are high, our bad times are low and everything in between is what keeps us going.  And so it is with business as well.

Things have been pretty 'low' for us business-wise for quite a while now.  Online sales have been almost 
non-existent and, as you know, my shop has been equally slow in sales.  It has been an unpleasant valley!

Well I'm here to say that we are starting the upward climb on that hill and have started enjoying the high that comes with success!  Sales at the shop have picked up greatly and that by itself is a blessing.  However, I seem to be on a roll with my online sales as well!!  I've been posting vintage clothing on ebay (my seller id is 'aremadelife' in case you would like to check it out!)  and, good news, THEY ARE SELLING!!  Not only that but I've been doing well in both my etsy shops --lovethatvintagestyle and aremadelife---check those out too if you have time!!

So, we are currently on a really nice HIGH----a blessing indeed!  But, I keep remembering that those low valleys are just on the other side of that hill and that I need to keep my 'feet' planted in reality.  Some days are good, some days are bad, but thanks to our Heavenly Father, we get through them all-----and if we remember to trust in Him we will enjoy those wonderful highs and learn from those unpleasant lows!

So we are enjoying this time of success and wanted to share it with you!  Here are a few picture's of my items on ebay and new pic's of the shop!

Vintage 1920's dress--sold within 45 mins.!!

Child's vintage real fur hand muff

Vintage 1940's Fashion Dress

Fantastic vintage Fashion Wrap

Very unusual vintage full slip!

Vintage 1960's Mod-style knit coat







Thanks for listening to me, hope all is well with you!  Leave me a comment!!
God Bless all and any who read this,
Pat, A Remade Life

No comments:

Post a Comment