Monday, June 3, 2013

"Cleaning House"

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted but I do have a good excuse---I've been on vacation!!  And where, you might ask, did I go?  NOWHERE!!--I stayed home.  And it was awesome.

Those of you who are not into resale or 'hoarding with a purpose' as I like to call it, you might not understand how easy it is for resale to take over your life.  And it seems to happen so subtly that you don't notice how 'cluttered' your home is getting till something practically falls on your head!!  No, nothing fell on me but I did look around one day and say 'enough is enough'.  That's when I decided to reclaim my house!

So for the past 8-days I've been organizing, throwing away (not easy for me to do!), donating to a local charity and moving these 'treasures' out of my house!  I must admit that I did start slowing down after 5-days but I did manage to accomplish most of my goals---my garage is now organized and I've actually got lots of space to move around in there/my kitchen is now a REAL kitchen and not a place to store extra supplies--we are even eating at the kitchen table again/my laundry room is actually a place for washing & drying your clothes and not a 'holding' spot for things on their way to the garage/and I even had some time to organize my workroom and organize my bedroom!!

I think I went back to work today just to get a little rest!!  But I am very happy with the progress I made and the things that still need to be done are no longer intimidating--they are 'do-able'!!

I even managed to sort and organize many of these treasures and have begun posting many of them in my shop on etsy.

And while you might not see any before & after pictures of my home (no way jose, there's no way I'm letting anyone see how bad it got!),  I will post a few pictures of my wonderful grandson, Brayden and my dear mom whom we visited with while I was off!

If this picture looks fuzzy it's because I couldn't get Brayden to be still!!

"Excuse me, could you spare a dollar for an ICEE"?

Brayden LOVES being outdoors at the park!!

This and the following pics are just some of the items I've posted for sale in my etsy shop





OK, so I decided to show you an AFTER picture of my garage--believe me this is TONS better then the BEFORE!!

This is my very retro and very pleasant kitchen--I'm soooo happy we are now taking time to eat at the table!!
  Well, that's pretty much it for now.  Hope you've enjoyed the pictures of my 'vacation' and please let me know what you think, leave me a comment--I would LOVE to hear from you!!

God Bless all and any who read this,
Pat, A Remade Life
www.lovethatvintagestyle.etsy.com   --my etsy shop, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment