Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Colors Abound!!


For those of you who don't know me very well I will share a deep, dark secret----I am a vegetarian!!  I've been a veggie-ite for almost 20 yrs.  Now, I'm not a vegan which means I do eat dairy products such as eggs, cheese, etc and I've been known to eat fish about every 6 mos. but basically no other meat gets pass my lips!!  This was simply a lifestyle-choice, no other reason behind it and I do love my veggies!!  So, I will be passing along some of my 'health-tips' every once-in-a-while just to share with you a little of my dietary life!!
 First tip:  Make it colorful!!  Nutritionists say that one of the ways to get a well balanced meal is to have a wide variety of colors on your plate.  Of course, we need to be sure these colorful choices are, as much as possible, from all the different food groups!  After all, Jelly Belly jelly beans are about as colorful as you can get but they are VERY limited on nutritional value!!  It also helps to have a really fun, colorful plate.  So, here is a picture of a typcial meal at the Gill home-let me know what you think and please feel free to share your tips and comments for a healthier lifestyle.  God Bless all and any who read this---Pat,  A Remade Life

This meal consists of:  salad which is full of
lots of colorful veggies-vinigrette dressing; sweet potato
fries, baked, not fried; fruit, cantelope; and soy
protein ribs (sorry, not meat); there was also
whole wheat bread on the side.  YUM, YUM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment