Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Vintage Hats are Cool!!

I have a confession to make---I looooooovvvveeee vintage hats!!  No really, I have this fetish for just about anything vintage/retro, but I LOVE vintage hats!!  I look for them everywhere I go---garage sales, estate sales, resale shops--anywhere I might be able to find them.  And because of that, I've attained quite a collection.  I find it very hard to 'let go' of many of these hats, some are just so beautiful.  I find myself wondering about the woman who wore it.  Did she only wear it for 'special' occasions or was it a regular part of her attire?  Was it a church hat or more a party hat?  Was it worn with a party dress or to a funeral?  How did she feel when she wore her hat--did it make her feel pretty, more confident?  Silly questions, maybe, but hats are such a personal choice and are a little 'window' into what the wearers life was like.

I managed to acquire some wonderful ladies accessories recently and thought I would share the beauty of a time gone by when hats were not only an addition to your wardrobe but a statement of  life!
















These are just a few of the many wonderful hats I've been blessed to find.  Some are very elegant, some are dressy and some, like the 'fruit' hat, are just for fun!  All these will be posted soon in my etsy shop--so if you're interested in a great accessory for your new outfit then drop on by and try one on!!  And don't worry......I've got plenty more!!!

God Bless all and any who read this,
Pat, A Remade Life
www.lovethatvintagestyle.etsy.com
www.aremadelife.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment