Monday, November 22, 2010

Anatomy of a Trade Show

As part of my regular office job, I manage a Trade Show 6 times a year.  We usually have around 80-100 vendors of all kinds, but mainly antiques and collectibles.   I've worked this show for about 9 yrs and I decided to show everyone the 'inner workings' of setting up a Trade Show.  My son Jonathan also works with me on these shows and really works hard to make the show a success!  I set-up the advertising for the show as well as coordinate the booth assignments, review product lines and well, anything else I can do to help the show!  My co-worker Cindy is also a great help organizing and keeping everything straight.  Here is what we do:

 
First we must sweep the entire Expo Hall which is no small job since it is....

  
HUGE!!!!




We must then 'mark' all the booths with numbers which takes a while!

Jonathan hard at work











Then comes the fun part-putting tables in the booths

  
Jonathan does MOST of this work, but I help (a little)
   
And now the booth is ready for the vendor.

The vendors begin their part of the job!




The show opens and in rush the customers







And then the show is over, the vendors pack up and Jonathan and I clean up




Whew!!!  and there you have how we put together a Trade Show---It's time to go home
 and rest now 'cause we will do it all over again next spring!! 
God Bless all and any who read this,  Pat--A Remade Life








No comments:

Post a Comment