Monday, December 14, 2009

Ok, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing or how to blog, but I'm learning. Although I work full-time and have a part-time job at night, my favorite thing is to create new items from gently used 'treasures'. I'm really getting into making purses out of just about anything I can find. I'm kinda focused right now on using old blue jeans--it's really cool to add old buttons, vintage jewelry, antique lace, etc to common blue jeans to create a 'groovy' looking, one-of-a-kind purse!! Went to a show recently and everyone liked my purses--even sold some!! I'll be branching out soon into other fabrics such as leather, fur, wool jackets and oh so much more! I also just found a book on sock animals. These are NOT your typical sock creations-the writer of the book is asian and has a wonderful flare for creating little creatures with a definite Pokemon-type appearance. They are so cool and I can't wait to try one!! Will post a picture as soon as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment